While I am on the topic of my house renovation, my husband and I have decided that our schedules can no longer support a do it yourself renovation. Our current project is our master bath which we have been working on since October 2004. Here is the project plan for the bathroom.
1. Replace sink faucets
2. Demo the oil mildewy and smelly tiled shower stall.
3. Replace with new tile and shower pan.
4. Pull up the carpet (Yes, our entire bathroom has carpet).
5. Put down backer board and apply ceramic tile to floor.
6. Remove old tile from around tub.
7. Apply wainscot and chair molding around entire bathroom.
8. Paint wainscot and chair molding.
9. Sand and Paint sink cabinets.
10. Replace cabinet pulls
11. Replace light fixtures.
12. Paint closets (It looks like the closet walls just have primer on them and there are large nail holes that need patching)
13. Purchase and install closet organizers.
To put this in perspective, we are only on task #5. It's been over a year, this bathroom should be finished by now. Hence our decision that the bathroom will be our last do it yourself project. We will try to save some money by buying all the materials and doing the prep work, but the installation will be left to the ones who do it for a living. I'll be sure to update if we ever finish the floor.