Monday, October 30, 2006

43 things

I joined 43things.com today. I am in love with the concept. My first entry was about my goal of not worrying about what people think of me.

"It's my grandmother's fault...and my mother's too. When I was growing up, that was their justification for everything. You can't go out wearing that, you can't date that person, you can't not go to church, blah blah blah. Why? Always because of what people will think. Now my life is dominated by that thought. What will people think? As I've grown older, I realize that most people aren't thinking of me at all and this is really pressure that I am putting on myself and projecting onto others. Much the same way my mother and grandmother projected their self inflicted pressure onto us and others. Realizing what the problem is is the easy part. Undoing 33 years of conditioning is going to take some work."

Of course, my uncreative butt could not think of 43 things. So far I only have 7. Some of which are interrelated so it's still really one goal even though I've tried to stretch it into more. I am so lame.

Stop caring what other people think of me
write my autobiography
remodel/redecorate my house
landscape my yard
accept myself
find a career I love
Become an Esthetician

No comments: