Friday, January 12, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Well, it's 12 days into the new year and I managed to get a ticket. 79 mph in a 55. I don't think that I am the only person who is not angry that they were speeding but angry that they got a ticket in the first place. I am one of those people who has to resist the urge to ask the officer if no one is being murdered or robbed right now. The fact that there are officers whose sole purpose is to write tickets and generate revenue for the city/county irks me. As a society, I don't think speeding is at the top of the list of dangerous crimes. Now people who speed excessively should get some kind of reprimand. The vast majority of us speed but, the vast majority of us do not speed excessively nor drive recklessly. A speed limit of 55 on an interstate is also ridiculous. But only in Georgia (metro Atlanta specifically) can an interstate speed limit be set that low. And the governor is talking about lowering speed limits, confirming once again that he is a dumb ass. As she handed me the ticket, the officer told me to slow down. Yeah, stick your advice up your ass and go solve some crimes.

No comments: