Saturday, January 20, 2007

New Fitness Plan

I've been working out for several years now and just really started to see quick results when I incorporated step aerobics back in September. I've been obsessed with step workouts since then and have started doing lots more cardio than I did before. I did cardio maybe once or twice a week before and focused on weight training the rest of the time. Now I do cardio about 3 to 4 times a week and lift weights 1 to 2 times a week. I frequent the Low Carb Friends forum and there are quite a few people there who are really into fitness. They look like body builders. I've decided to try some of their advice and see if I notice any difference in my results. According to them I should:

1. Cut back on cardio and focus more on weight training.
2. On the days when I do cardio, do it after my weight work.
3. Don't do cardio for more than 20 minutes. Use it as a complement to weight work, not the other way around.

I already eat pretty healthy so I will cut back on the calories a little bit and see how this works for the next 30 days. So, I am going to cut the cardio to once or twice a week and focus on weights the rest of the time with a little yoga/pilates thrown in for good measure. I'm going to have to take some pics so I can see if this works. Will post those as soon as I work up the nerve. :-) And, I will not be wearing a two piece or my underwear!

No comments: