Friday, February 23, 2007

Aaaargggghhhhh!

Well,

I've officially stopped the Quaker plan. I was just too hungry on 1500 calories and I found myself overeating on the weekends to compensate. In the end I lost 2 pounds...pretty much a pound a week which the "experts" think is a healthy loss. Personally, I don't like being hungry so, damn the weight loss if I have to be hungry. The world stops when I am hungry or cold. It is literally all I think about until I fix it. The funny thing is if I moved up to their 1800 calorie meal plan, I doubt that I would lose weight. I've been tracking my diet in Fitday for quite a while now and it seems that I lose better when I stay in the 1300 to 1400 calorie range. The times when I have exceeded 1600 calories (and there have been many), I actually gain weight. I don't understand why this is. 1600 calories is not a lot of food! I know that I have a sedentary job. I can barely get 5,000 steps on my pedometer on most days but, I get home and exercise 5 to 7 days a week for 40 to 60 minutes What else should I be doing? I eat well and I exercise regularly. Shouldn't that be enough? How active does one have to be to actually lose weight with diet and exercise?

Not only do I workout but, I think I workout pretty strenuously..at least more strenuously than I would like. I would much prefer to do Pilates or yoga every day because they don't require much effort. As it stands right now, I do a full body workout once a week. Usually Cathe's Power Hour. I then alternate circuit and interval workouts for the rest of the week with additional weight work tacked on to the interval workouts. So far this week, my workout schedule has been:

Sun: Low Impact Step and Chest, Back, Shoulders & Abs from MIS
Mon: Power Hour
Tues: Blast Only Premix from Low Max and Abs
Wed: The Firm's Tough Aerobic Mix
Thurs: NAC Interval Challenge and Chest, Back, Shoulders & Abs from MIS
Fri: Low Impact Circuit
Sat: Hi/Lo to the Max and Biceps, Triceps, & Abs from MIS
Sun: not sure yet but it will probably be Crunch's Burn & Firm Pilates.

This is really getting frustrating that my body is so resistant. I am not trying to kill myself with exercise because quite frankly, I hate it. My goal is to tone up and lose a little weight, not to become a fitness competitor. I am not one of those people who are fanatic about fitness. I like the results but I don't enjoy the activity.

No comments: