Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Results

Wow. January is almost over and I haven't posted a thing on my blog. I really need to do better. Too bad I stopped making resolutions a long time ago. I made it through the 12 day Body Shaping Miracle. Even though my eating wasn't great, I started to notice around the 4th day that my appetite was diminished somewhat. My more vigorous exercise DVDs make me hungry so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that slower-paced steady state cardio would have the opposite effect. The only place I really saw a difference was in my waist. I lost about 1/2 inch in my waist. I didn't really lose any inches anywhere else. I can't blame Michael Thurmond for that because I did not follow the plan 100%. I did the exercises. I didn't follow the diet. All in all, I liked it and I'm going to try it again following the plan as written.

I'm getting back to basics with my eating. I've gotten so used to eating at maintenance levels that eating the way that led to my weight loss in the first place seems like deprivation. I have to adopt the mindset that it's not deprivation. I can eat and eat and eat and still lose weight. I just cannot eat certain foods the way I have grown accustomed to eating them. So starting yesterday, I recommitted to Somersize/Schwarzbein. I felt queasy and light headed all day, despite eating as much as I wanted. My body is just not used to eating that way anymore so I will have to re-train it. I've gotten rid of all the snack bars and healthy convenience foods because while they are good for me, they are not the way I should eat regularly. They became staples in my diet and they should not be since they are mostly frankenfoods. I love Kashi snack bars but, the brown rice syrup and the honey make them a no-no. Yes, they are a more natural alternative to sugar but according to Dr. Schwarzbein, sugar is sugar. None is better than the other. So, I've just had my dinner on Day 2 of eating 90% the way I should instead of 50-60%. I feel much better today than I did yesterday and I am so much more confident that I will be able to do it this time than I have been in the past.

No comments: