Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sex and the City

So I went to see Sex and the City. I loved that show when it was on the air. I remember rushing home from work on Sunday nights to watch it. It was the only reason I had HBO. I must say, however, that the last season bugged me to no end. That was when Carrie was at her most pathetic. The movie just continued that theme. Carrie was never my favorite character. I identified with Miranda and Charlotte more than Carrie and Samantha. The way she allowed "Big" to yank her around was just so pathetic. That whole plot line just got ridiculous after a while. And, while I loved Chris Noth in "Law & Order", I absolutely hated his character on "Sex in the City". A smirky jerk who tried too hard to come off as charming.

The movie was OK. I don't plan to get the DVD. Once was enough. It was much more entertaining watching all the women show up for the movie dressed like they were going to a cocktail party. It's a movie for pete's sake. Get a life already!

No comments: