Friday, August 29, 2008

Workout Time

This past month, I planned to do only strength and yoga/pilates workouts...no cardio. I've been largely successful only doing one walk in the park and the 10 minute cardio segment from Women's Health Total Workout in Ten DVD one time. I must say it has been an enjoyable month. I despise cardio and I really enjoyed not feeling like I had to do it. However, I really did not feel like I had a productive month workout wise. I enjoyed my strength workouts but my meager yoga and pilates collection did not offer much variety on those days. I've thought about it and with the help of my new workout tracker, I've come to believe that I should strive to work out at least 80% of the days in a month. This month, I'm averaging a workout about 60% of the days in the month. Last month, it was around 55%. I calculated for September and I should be exercising at least 24 days this month to achieve my 80% goal. That seems really unattainable. I would have to give up my strict no workout on weekends rule in order to meet that goal. As if that weren't enough, I've also decided to finally try doing a P90 Masters rotation. I despise rotations but I've had the set since February. I either need to do them or get rid of them. So, my workout outlook for September looks bleak and unmotivating. Oh, well. I've got two days to come up with a plan and get myself in the right frame of mind. I'm not going to wimp out.

No comments: