Friday, November 14, 2008

Mixed Bag

When the thought of updating my blog occurred to me earlier today, it was going to be a positive post about the baby's progress and our upcoming vacation. I'll still mention that but I just want to vent a little first about my frustrations for the week. I HATE COLUMBUS!

1. The worst drivers I have ever encountered are here in Columbus and I drove around Atlanta for 10 years! They're either driving like they're asleep and moving at the speed of a turtle or they're doing something ridiculously stupid like changing lanes -often with no blinker- when you're right next to them.

2. Why is it that I, as a non-smoker and a pregnant woman, can't drive anywhere without someone around me smoking. Every single time I am in my car, which is several times a day, the driver in front, behind, or to the side of me is smoking! I don't want to inhale that crap and neither does my baby!

3. What kind of restaurant calls itself "Country's" yet doesn't serve mac & cheese? They've got all the barbecued onions and fried pickles you can eat, but macaroni and cheese? Why you'll have to come back on Thursday for that.

OK, I'm done. The longer I live here, the more I hate it. We'll have to apologize to our child for him/her being born in this backward place.

Anyway, on to more positive things, the baby and I had a much better week this week. I can't say the cravings have stopped completely but they are not as intense and frenzied as before. I actually was able to wait two days before giving into the mac & cheese craving. That would not have been the case a few weeks ago. I also had more energy this week and I've been coming home and working out instead of taking a nap. My clothes are slowly getting tighter but they still fit thank goodness. I am not ready to start shopping for maternity clothes yet. I can barely decide what to put in my baby registry at Target.

We're going on our long awaited vacation tomorrow....a Caribbean cruise. We took our first cruise last year and this will be our third cruise. We are just hooked on them. It looks like we'll have to cancel our cruise for next year though because the baby won't be old enough to go with us and I won't leave our barely 5 month old baby for a whole week no matter how willing to babysit my MIL is.

No comments: