Friday, January 30, 2009

It's a Boy

I had my 20 week ultrasound on Monday and it's official...we're having a boy! I've always thought my first child would be a girl but somehow I'm still thrilled that I'll have a son. When the ultrasound tech turned the machine on, he was facing us. It was almost like he was waiting for us. She pointed out some of his features to us and it looks like he'll look just like daddy. I'm feeling so much better. The constant tiredness has given way to occasional tiredness and I have a bit more energy. He is moving like a champ several times a day so I have constant reassurance that he's OK. I actual feel good about myself even though my stomach is really getting out here. When I came to work on Thursday, one of my co-workers said incredulouly "it looks like it's grown since yesterday". I'm proud of myself because I am handling this so much better than I thought I would. Two meltdowns in five months isn't bad. I'm sure I'll have at least one or two more before the baby gets here. I'll have to post an 18 week (my count because that's how old my baby is) belly pic since it's probably time to take another one. I don't have any baby/childhood pictures. I honestly don't think my mom/family ever took any. My baby will have plenty though.

No comments: