Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year

Well, it is officially 2009. I spent most of New Year's day doing laundry, cooking, and making a run to the grocery store. I've heard that what you're doing on New Year's day is what you'll be doing for the rest of the year. I don't know how true that is but, if it is true, it won't be anything out of the ordinary. I tried to reflect back on 2008 and pick out some bright spots for this past year. Honestly, the only thing I could think of was our baby- as apprehensive as I am at the idea of being a mom, I am still happy to be pregnant- and the fact that my husband and I are still together- we were at a dismal point in our marriage for most of 2007. It's been a long hard road to get our marriage back to the way it was and we're still not there IMO but we're definitely doing better.

I don't really have any lofty goals for 2009. I'm happy to be employed and I really couldn't ask for anything else. I want to continue exercising throughout my pregnancy, not gain too much weight during this pregnancy, and just give birth to a healthy baby with as little medical intervention as possible. My baby's movements have gone from feeling like frantic flutters to definite nudges. Light nudges, but still nudges. I got two such nudges today and I knew instantly that it was my little man moving around. It felt really good.

No comments: