Monday, February 09, 2009

I live in a cesspool.

It's no secret that I hate Columbus. We've lived here for almost three years and I've really tried to give it a chance but the proverbial straw has broken the camel's back. We went up to Atlanta to help my mother-in-law move. We spent the night and came back home on Sunday 2/1 to find the back door of our home kicked in and some of my fitness DVDs scattered on the side of the house. Someone, or two, or three burglarized our home and took just about everything of value in the house. In all my years on his earth, I have never had anything like this happen. The police showed up to take the report but it's clear that they have a very reactive policy regarding burglaries. If the persons who did this happen to fall in their laps, then we'll know who broke into our home. With no one actively looking for the people who do these things or trying to prevent them from happening in the first place, what are the chances that this "epidemic" as the officer called it, will get better?

I could go on and on about the police's lack of interest in being proactive but there's really no point. If they ever solve this, our stuff will be long gone. I just want the satisfaction of knowing that these people will be caught. I doubt that will ever happen.

No comments: