Monday, May 11, 2009

Patience is a virtue

You know I spent quite a bit of time hoping that my boy would be early. That hope has pretty much been shattered. First, I started reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. She quoted some stats that sixty something percent of first time mothers are an average of 2 weeks overdue. Then I talked to my mom, hoping that she would reassure me. The first words out of her mouth were that my sister (her first) was overdue by two weeks *sigh*. Then I read somewhere else that the baby should be head down by 35 weeks or so. My boy has shown no signs of wanting to stay head down. He'll turn that way but he doesn't stay that way. So, I'm trying to get it in my head that I could be having my baby nearer to the end of June than the middle. I know worrying about it is not going to help. I'll just have to accept that this is yet another thing that I have no control over. He will turn head down and come out when the time is right.

No comments: