Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Meet the Grandparents

Cayden is 3 weeks olds today and he's put on another pound since his first pediatrician appointment. He now weighs 9 lbs. 2 oz. and has outgrown the newborn diapers. I think it's the way he's shaped. All the weight seems to be going to his belly, legs, and arms so the newborn diapers started to be tight around the belly and legs. We've started using the size 1 diaper but they're still a little big. We drove to Tennessee over the weekend so he could meet his paternal grandparents. It sounded like a good idea at the time but we were all exhausted by the time we got up there and by the time we got home. I pumped breast milk for him so we wouldn't have to make stops to feed him on the way up there.

We still had to stop to change diapers so the trip still took 2 hours longer than it normally does and my boy was so cranky the whole way up there because he does not like the bottle. He threw up for the first time since he's been born and it scared me. The ride up there was just really stressful so on the way back, we stopped so I could breastfeed, burp him, and just give him a break from the carseat and everyone was much better. He cried for the last hour or so of the trip but who could blame the little guy. This trip was definitely too ambitious and too soon. I was planning to fly to Alaska around December so my family can meet him but now I'm thinking when he's closer to a year old would be better. I'm thinking it's best to just tell everyone, if you want to see the baby, you need to come to us.

No comments: