Sunday, June 07, 2009

Progress...

I've been up since about 5:45. I woke up with a crampy feeling in my stomach and felt like I had to use the bathroom. I sat down on the toilet and felt this weird popping sensation. I looked in the toilet and my mucus plug had come out. It's almost two hours later and I have not been able to go back to sleep. Between the crampy feeling in my stomach and constantly feeling like I need to use the bathroom, sleep has been impossible. Also, for some reason, the cramps feel more painful when I am lying down.

I've been having very mild contractions since Friday afternoon but they gave me hope that something was going to happen and instantly lifted my mood. I realized that if my baby was late, I was OK with it as long as I could feel and see signs of progress from my body. Before Friday, there was virtually no sign that my body was doing anything. I left work determined that I was going to have a baby by Monday.

I went to my favorite nail salon and got a manicure and pedicure after work on Friday because I've read that massage can stimulate certain pressure points that activate labor. If nothing else, that foot massage felt wonderful on my swollen feet. I then went to New Image Medspa and got a prenatal massage on Saturday. It was heavenly. I fell asleep and knew I was snoring because my own snoring woke me up several times. I also got my husband to massage my nipples since nipple stimulaton could also help to get labor going. I seem to have lost most of the sensation in my nipples so the rubbing just started to annoy me after awhile.

One of my coworkers on Friday also mentioned that she ate Top Hat Chicken right before she went into labor with her first baby. I thought, WTH, it couldn't hurt. So, my husband and I ate that for dinner yesterday. They've opened up a new location on the corner of Broadway and 13th St. and the chicken was very spicy and very good. Some of the best fried chicken we've eaten.

So, now here I sit hoping and praying that this is it and we will get to meet our son in the next day or so. If the contractions continue through today, I definitely will not be going to work tomorrow.

No comments: