Friday, March 05, 2010

Weekly Couponing Deals

CVS

It was all about the diapers for me at CVS this week. They had boxed diapers priced at $19.99. This is the regular price at Publix and Target BUT, CVS is offering $4 ECB back this week on boxed diapers. They then sweetened the deal by printing out $4 off boxed diapers coupons when you checked out or scanned your card at the red machine. I also have a ton of $3 off $15 purchase coupons, none of which I want to go to waste.

So, I went in on Saturday evening and sure enough, I was able to buy a box of Huggies at the Sunday sale price. For that first purchase, I had my $4 off boxed diapers and $8.50 in ECB that I had to use this week before they expired. Paired with my $3 off coupon, I spent $7.49 before tax on that first box of diapers. I don’t like to count the ECB until I’ve actually used them but with the $4 ECB back that’s $3.49 for a box of diapers before tax. To my surprise, the register printed off another $4 off boxed diapers coupon that I now had to use. So, I went the next day and got two more boxes of diapers paying no more than $5 for either. I think I did pretty good.

Walgreen’s

Once again, not an exciting week for me at Walgreen’s. I haven’t been yet and I’m still debating whether it’s even worth the trip. Here’s what I wrote down.

1 Aquafresh 8.2 oz. toothpaste $1.49
1 Lady Speedstick Stainguard deodorant $1.99
2 Reach Prevent Tootbrushes $1.98 - $.99 manf. coupon

I have a $.75 off coupon for the Aquafresh but it says that it’s for Aquafresh Advanced so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to use it. I have a $.75 coupon for the Speedstick and they’re offering a $1.00 RR on it so final cost is $.24. I also have a Buy One Get One coupon for the Reach Toothbrushes which would make both $.99. So, worst case scenario out of pocket this week at Walgreen’s is $3.72 with $1.00 back in RR. I honestly don’t think it’s worth the trip since I have plenty of these items already. We’re overflowing with toothpaste so I suspect that I only want the Aquafresh because I have a coupon. I really have to get out of that way of thinking.

Riteaid

Although I hate the fact that the Columbus ad is so much smaller than the Atlanta ad, Riteaid is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Here’s my list for this week.

1 Suave kids product (not sure which one yet) $1.99 ($1.00 SCR)
1 Tampax 20 ct. $2.99 - $1.00 manf. Coupon =$1.99 ($1 SCR)
2 Halls drops $1.98 - $1.00 manf. coupon
2 Ricola drops $1.98 - $1.00 manf. coupon
2 Blistex lip balm $1.98 - $.70 manf. coupon
2 Nivea lip balm $1.98 - $.99 manf. coupon
1 Listerine pocket packs $3.99 - $.50 manf. coupon ($3.00 SCR)

I have a $3 off a $15 purchase coupon, so my total OOP at Riteaid will be $8.70 and I get $5 back in rebates.

Target

Nothing exciting for me at Target this week. As much as I love Target, their weekly ads have been really sucking lately for me.

No comments: