Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shame on PBS Frontline Show "The Vaccine War," From Jay Gordon, MD, FAAP

Wow...I just stumbled on this blog today and they have several informative posts.  I used to love Frontline years ago but stopped watching once their bias started became apparent.  This was sometime during the 2004 election when they started showing several politicial documentaries that seemed really one sided. I did not watch this vaccine story but am glad I didn't.  I used Dr. Sears' book to come up with Cayden's vax schedule and I agree that it's scary how many shots they try to give babies at one time.  That was my initial resistance to the vax issue.  It wasn't that kids are being vaccinated.  I understand the health implications of an unvaccinated population BUT, I just could not find a good reason to inject a few weeks old baby with five shots at each appointment. The pediatrician still tries to argue with me about it when I take Cayden in for his check-ups. He tries to convince me it makes no difference and I just tell him, if it makes no difference how many shots he gets at one time, why are we even having this discussion?

I really can't believe Frontline has stooped to this low level of journalistic integrity.  I did watch the 60 Minutes documentary about the swine flu vaccine that they aired during the height of the media spurred hysteria and I was equally disgusted with their lack of objectivity on the subject.  

Shame on PBS Frontline Show "The Vaccine War," From Jay Gordon, MD, FAAP

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: