Saturday, May 08, 2010

Weekly Couponing Deals

It's been a while since I posted one of my shopping breakdowns but April was such a busy month for us and honestly, I slowed way down on the couponing.  This week was a good week for me though.

I started off at Target and spent a little over $48 on 3 clearance shirts, 2 Vaseline Sheer Infusion lotions, 2 Vaseline petroleum jelly creams, 2 Freschetta pizzas, 2 boxes Tazo chai teas, 2 four packs storage containers for my baby's food, 2 Seventh Generation spray cleansers, and 4 bags of shredded cheese.  I had about $14 in coupons.

After viewing next week's Walgreen's flyer on Southern Savers today, I decided that this week's ad is a better ad to shop.  So, I stopped there after Target and got:

1 four pack Bic Soleil razors $3.99 - $2.00 manf. coupon
2 Mentos gum bottles- $2/2  - 2 $0.55 manf. coupons
2 No Nonsense hose- B1G1 @ $4.39 each - $1.00 off 2 manf. coupon (I got 2 packs that included a second free hose so I ended up with 4 pairs of pantyhose.)
1 box Puffs w/ Lotion tissue - $.99 - $1.00 manf. coupon
1 Niagara spray starch - $.99  - $.25 manf. coupon

I also got a Snickers bar and a small bag of peanut M&Ms as filler items.  After store and manf. coupons and $3 in RR, I ended up paying $5.81 after tax.

The last stop was CVS.  Not only did I do great, I was able to do my shopping for this week's ad and next week's ad in one day.  They seem to have stopped putting out the $3 off $15 coupons which has taken a lot of the pressure off that I used to feel.  I went in earlier this week and just bought one item.  It was liberating not having to come up with a $15 or $20 transaction.

3 Nivea Body washes @ $4.88 each. I had 3 manf. coupons totaling $9 and CVS was offering $5 ECB back when you buy $15 worth of Nivea or Eucerin.
1 Crest Pro Health rinse- $3.50 with $3.50 ECB back.  I had a coupon but it was for a larger size rinse.  I got it anyway since it's technically free.
2 Cheer detergents, 50 oz. @ $4.99 each -2 $1.00 off manf. coupons
2 Purex 3-in-1, 20 count B1G1 @ $8.99 each - 2 $2 manf. coupons
1 Kotex U pads, 18 count @ 4.99 with $4.99 ECB back.  I also had a $1.00 off manf. coupon.
1 Colgate Total toothpaste @ $2.99 with $2 ECB back.  I also had a $.75 off manf. coupon.
3 bags Gold Emblem candy at prices ranging from .88 to .99 cents.  I also had a $1 off 3 bags store coupon.

I scanned my Extracare card when I walked in the store and I got a store coupon for $2 off any 2 body washes so I stacked this coupon with the Nivea coupons.

My total before coupons was a little over $51.  After he scanned my coupons and $19 in ECB, I paid $12.38 out of pocket and I got back $15.49 in ECB.  The best thing is that I am done for the week.  It feels great not to have to worry about this tomorrow.  I'm going to relax and enjoy my first Mother's Day.

No comments: