Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Recipe: Queso Lime Chicken Wings

The food served for my son's 2nd birthday celebration was served hot off the grill. Chicken wings are a staple in our house. We absolutely love them. I joke with my husband that I should go on the chicken wing diet because it's probably the only diet I could stick with. This recipe was inspired from a recipe I found on Allrecipes.com. I made the original recipe and thought the marinade would be great on chicken wings. So, I tried it at my little ones party and they were a big hit.

Queso Lime Chicken Wings

5 pounds chicken wings, tips removed and cut into individual wing pieces.
1/3 cup canola or olive oil
1/3 to 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (depending on how strong you want the lime flavor)
2 packets Desert Gardens queso dip mix
salt and pepper to taste

Mix oil, lime juice, and dip mix to make marinade. Rinse and clean chicken wings. Put in dish and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour  marinade on top and mix to combine. Marinate in refridgerator for at least 3 hours. Thoroughly cook chicken wings on grill. These can also be baked in the oven but you may need to put the wings under the broiler for the last few minutes to crisp the skin.

Notes: My mother taught me to always clean chicken in hot water with some vinegar or lemon juice added. I also have this thing about feathers on my chicken so I inspect each one and pick out any feathers I find. I used 1/3 cup lime juice but didn't think the lime flavor was strong enough so I'll probably up the amount to 1/2 cup next time. I'm also thinking that adding a splash or two of tequila to the marinade might add even more kick.

No comments: