Friday, July 01, 2011

Really. It's not that serious.

Since I've been couponing, I am often surprised at the lengths people will go through to use a coupon and to get a deal. There are some things I'm just not willing to do. Arguing with a cashier or manager about whether they should accept a  coupon or price match an ad is one of them. If they won't take it, I just get my coupons and leave. There will be another sale and another store will be happy to take them. Couponing is not worth this much headache.

Extreme Couponer Temporarily Banned From Walmart

Extreme couponer April Cuevas says an altercation with a Walmart employee regarding coupon policies led to her temporary banishment from the company's more than 4,000 stores.

1 comment:

MiscMayzee said...

I agree with the comments that I saw on the news story you linked to that state that shows like extreme couponing ruin couponing for normal thrifty consumers.

I have always used coupons, free coupons when I have them, printed coupons...but each year brings with it new scrutiny.

I can count on one hand the numbers of times I have actually had to defend myself in the checkout counter because the cashier wanted to presume that I would use forged coupons. I quickly saw that problems happened mostly in the evening time when the grocery store managers weren't on hand for quick verification (my store has to have a manager verify over $10.00 in savings). I avoid using my free coupons or larger discounts that time of night.

Unlike these people on TV, I avoid making a spectacle of myself. I don't mind being a conspicuous couponer...but a cartoony one, no,