Tuesday, August 09, 2011

GNC Total Lean Transformation – Week 2

Day 8

Goodness gracious. The way my weight yo-yos is so annoying. I was back up to 153 this morning. It may be due to hormones since I’m ovulating. Who knows. I drank my first shake and took the AM Pak after my workout this morning instead of before. Breakfast was one of my concoctions. I had a leftover banana that was getting really mushy so I put it in a bowl, added 1/3 c. of old-fashioned oats, and then put ½ c. plain yogurt over that. I let it sit in the fridge overnight so the yogurt softened the oatmeal. When it’s ready to eat, I add about 20 drops of stevia and stir it all together mashing the bananas. I’ve also made this using cantaloupe and apples. On occasion, I’ll add wheat germ, ground flaxseed, and/or a tablespoon of raisins. It’s a quick, easy, yummy breakfast. Lunch was a homemade turkey burger on a whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, and a little mayo. Dinner was the last of my balsamic chicken with sweet potato, and broccoli. Snacks were a boiled egg, apple, and a second Lean shake. My workout today was the Firm Vol. 1.

Day 9
No weight change again today. I had a major case of the lazies this morning and could not get myself out of bed to exercise. Breakfast was 2 eggs scrambled with broccoli, spinach, onion, and tomato followed by the AM Pak. I was traveling for work today and was surprised that I did not get hungry in about 2 hours like I normally do. I drank my first Lean shake at around 11 am. My coworkers and I went to Panera Bread for lunch. I did my best and ended up getting the half Roast Beef sandwich with a cup of French onion soup and an apple. I love French onion soup mainly for the cheese. Luckily, they didn’t put a lot of cheese in it or else I would have been in trouble. I ate ¼ c. mixed nuts and an apple for my afternoon snack. I was supposed to work out when I got home but ended up cooking instead. I made a big pot of beef stew, brown rice, and Rachel Ray’s Mac and Cheese Dog Casserole. I think she is one of the most annoying people in the world but she has some pretty good recipes. I did not eat dinner or drink the second shake since I tasted my food while I was cooking.

Day 10
Arrgh! No weight change today either. Today should be the end of ovulation so I am trying to hang in there. GNC recommends that you follow the plan for 12 weeks. If I decide to do that, I don’t suspect that next week will be any better. The past 3 days have confirmed what I’ve suspected for some time now - that I only have a two-week window to lose weight every month. The week of my period and the week after. Once I start ovulating, I’m pretty much stuck at that weight and can expect to gain another pound or two until my period starts. Don’t get me started on the bloating and irritability. It’s very frustrating. I had another case of the lazies this morning but worked out in the gym at work. Since I woke up so late, I did not have time to fix breakfast. So breakfast was one of my no-nos, just a Lean shake and the AM Pak. Lunch was a turkey burger from the cafeteria. I did manage to throw a ½ cup grapes, ¼ cup nuts, and an apple into my lunch bag for snacks today.

Day 11
No weight change this morning. Usually by now, I would've thrown up my hands and given up but I am determined to finally get this weight off. Today, I went to Country’s BBQ for lunch with some of coworkers and in anticipation of the limited healthy options, I only had a Lean shake and the AM Pak for breakfast. At lunch, I got the Backfire Wings minus the sauce. When they arrived, I was relieved to see that they weren’t breaded.I didn’t drink the afternoon shake or take the PM Pak today. I just ate my usual snacks - grapes, nuts, apples and ate 1 cup beef stew with 1 cup broccoli for dinner.

Day 12
Finally some movement! I was down to 151.5 this morning. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my PMS won’t wreak havoc with my weight next week. I don’t plan to have any shakes today either. I think if I just cut out the shakes, I’d be in the calorie range I need to lose more weight. I had egg salad on an English muffin for breakfast with some coffee. Lunch was a flatbread pizza with grilled chicken, spinach, and mushrooms. Dinner was the same as yesterday. Snacks were nuts, an apple, and 1 c. watermelon. I’m hoping, I can stick to around 1300 calories for the next two days and see where it gets me.

Day 13 to 14
I tried my best to stay on plan over the weekend. I had another work event on Saturday and drank a chocolate Lean shake on the way there. The event lasted about 3 to 4 hours. I was able to ignore the cookies and donuts and ate fruit and nuts only. I also went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner and ended up getting the chicken wings with no sauce and the roasted spaghetti squash as a side. They have got to come up with a way to dress that squash up. It was seriously dry and bland. My final weight was 151. So, a measly 4 pounds lost over a two-week, mostly hungry period. Not impressed.

No comments: