Sunday, January 15, 2012

Slow Couponing Week

I've mentioned previously that I've slowed way down on my couponing. I actually took some time last week to peruse the deals for the next two weeks and actually found some things that interest me and that I don't already have tons of - toothpaste, toothbrushes, and deodorant, I'm looking at you.

I went to Walgreen's this morning and got a box of South Beach meal bars ($5.99 with $6RR back) and then turned around and used that Register Reward on the a bottle of Abrexin ($10 with $10RR back). I don't like to wear out my welcome at my local stores by doing a zillion transactions back-to-back. So I'm hoping I can repeat that scenario tomorrow and then use the RR's to stock up on Huggies wipes next week.

I then went to Riteaid, whose sales have been a disappointment since last summer. I got a Tom's of Maine mouthwash ($3.99 with $3+up back), 2 Degree deodorants (2/$4 with $2+up back), and a 4-pack of GE Bulbs ($2.99 - $2 in ad coupon). I will do the Tom's of Maine one more time and then use all those +ups toward some Gillette Mach 3 cartridges for my husband. I checked out the pricing today and I doubt anyone will be rushing in there for this deal because all that Gillette stuff is pretty high. I pledged a while ago to only buy items that we need and/or will use, so although the out-of-pocket will still be high after the +ups are applied, I won't feel like I'm being wasteful when I buy it.

No comments: